These are my favourite quotes… what are yours?
– If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. – Albert Einstein
– “All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed” – Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK47 Kalashnikov assault rifle, which has been in continual use since 1947. (He attributes this quote to “God” but says he has lived his life by the motto.)
– Say no to compromise, so you can say yes to good ideas. (I wrote a whole post about this… Why Sony can’t compete with Apple — or why you should always say no to compromise.)
– Life is what your thoughts make it.
– Think different.
– For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now? – James Allen
– Make your passion your job and then you’ll never work a day in your life.
– “Editorial independence is not just a moral thing, it’s a business thing as well. The market soon works interference and agendas out” – Alan Kohler
– “The creative flame burns best when given plenty of air to breathe. In suffocating surroundings, hemmed in by over-supervision and second-guessing, with constant emphasis on price rather than the merit of a proposition, there’s soon likely to be nothing but ash.” – Gerald Stone
– Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas. – Groucho Marx.